Sunday Conversations with Grandma: Starting Over

While I was talking to my grandmother on one of our regular Sunday Conversations I heard the lady next door screaming like I have been hearing almost since I moved in about a year ago.
Grandma: What is that noise?
Me: The lady next door and her man are fighting again.
Grandma: Does it happen often?
Me:Yes, all the time.
Grandma: and no one does anything?
Me: We have tried. But she gets mad at us.
Grandma: Well that man would only have to hit me once. I would do to him exactly what I did to my first husband.
Me: What? First husband and what did you do?
Grandma: I waited until he went to sleep then I hit him over the head with a lamp?
Me: What? and then what happened?
Grandma: I hightailed it out of there and stayed at my sister's house.
Me: What happened when he found you?
Grandma: I told him that we needed to get a divorce and start over again.
Me: oh, and he believed you?
Grandma: Yes, that Jackass did and as soon as the papers were signed I got on the next bus out of town! He wasn't going to get the chance to hit me again.
I hope I never have to go thru domestic abuse but you can best believe I will be taking a page out of her book!
Feel Free to comment and share with your friends! Please follow me on Twitter @eliceivy Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/eliceivy and don't forget to follow here on blogspot.com for all my latest posts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Write Your Name by Courtney Irving

Book Review: I Should Have Worn A Curtain: Book 1

AIRSSON Sports Gym Bag Review