Permission

The permission that I felt that I was given to step from my box was freeing and liberating, but to look down and see the box wasn’t even closed anymore made me stop and take a look at the things that I have been thru to get to this point.  And I’m not talking about the everyday struggles that everyone has had to deal with or even the ups and downs of life. Hell, we fight those battles so often we fight them in our sleep.  I just think about the journey that I began last May. I didn’t have a million conversations about it. I didn’t stop and take a poll of my closest family and friends. I have learned a long time ago that allowing everyone to have an opinion in your life is a mistake. I talked to my husband I made two decisions that I knew were going to be big and have huge impacts on my life going forward. 

The first was starting dreadlocks.   For some people, it’s not that big but for those that know hair, it’s huge. It’s a commit that’s not easily gotten out of.  It doesn’t help that my scalp is very sensitive and sometimes I need to wash it several times a week which most people know isn’t the best thing for starter locs.  Then the other thing that is even harder is that not everyone is forgiving or accepting of dreadlocks when looking for a job.

Join me every week as I try to be unapologetically me!

 

Feel Free to comment and share with your friends! Feel Free to follow me @ Eliceivywrites.wordpress.com Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/Eliceivy Facebook and don't forget to follow here on blogspot.com for all my latest posts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Write Your Name by Courtney Irving

Book Review: I Should Have Worn A Curtain: Book 1

AIRSSON Sports Gym Bag Review