Happy New Year!

            At the end of the year that must not be named in one of the groups that I belong to on Facebook there was this meme that started with “In 2021 I will be a Black Woman that does and the rest was flashing things like does something uncomfortable once a week for my business,

release things that no longer serve me, or

make wise decisions

live as a true example

trust my intuition

take more risks to follow my dreams

            In order to see which one you are you only have to do a screenshot and whatever your screen captured that’s what was yours I got

In 2021, I will be a Black Woman that is unapologetic.

           Simple words right. It’s just a meme and we read a thousand a day, but for some reason, this one hit differently. I felt my spine straighten, I felt my neck roll, and that smirk form on my face. Yeah, I thought they just gave me permission. Permission to step outside this box they are always trying to paint you in. I went on Amazon looking for some clothes to go with my new attitude because well this is still Covid, Then I thought wait a minute I’m shopping black-owned remember so I started my search.

Then as I’m looking, I realize this box that I was in was already open.

 

Join me every week as I try to be unapologetically me!



Feel Free to comment and share with your friends! Feel Free to follow me @ Eliceivywrites.wordpress.com Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/Eliceivy Facebook and don't forget to follow here on blogspot.com for all my latest posts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Write Your Name by Courtney Irving

Book Review: I Should Have Worn A Curtain: Book 1

AIRSSON Sports Gym Bag Review