Thoughts From My Rooftop? Did you see Black Girls Rock?





      I'm sitting here watching Black Girls Rock and I keep thinking who can I call and talk about all this with so instead I decided to blog.   Don't worry if you missed it.  This is BET and it will definitely be on at least 10 more times. Up until this point my favorite part has been the tribute dance to Judith Jamison!  That dancing was phenomenal!  Now I know there is still an hour to go and they keep teasing Janet and the Aretha Franklin tribute.  I'm hoping some pulls Janet aside and takes that can pony tail off the top of her head looking like a fan unicorn. Wth? But since I know this has result already been recorded I'm stuck waiting to see this atrocity up close and personal. 

     
        See! Look what was the first thing you thought? Don't get me wrong I love Janet. I'm not hating and she is definitely a Black Girl who Rocks but still.........

       Anyway moving on I loved hearing about all the women and girls who are making and change and using their gifts to make a difference from the me too movement to making a difference with poetry.  I think if you don't get anything else from this I would say anyone can make a difference and all it takes is using the gifts you already have.

       Finally we get to the tribute for Janet and I can totally forgive the hairstylist because watching the flash back of all her music videos I just grab my black hat put on my ponytail and dance. Then grab my chair and try not to kill myself has  I reenact Pleasure Principle!

      Right now I have found my second favorite moment Rhaposody was on point! There is nothing else I need to say find her Spoken Word and you will understand everything I can't put into words!

       It  goes without saying that Michelle Obama made the list but she's so special she jumps to the top without a number she just is Black Girl Majic!

       Let me and with thanking who ever was  behind this Proper tribute to Aretha Franklin it was definitely the best and worth the wait!









Feel Free to comment and share with your friends! Feel Free to follow me @ Eliceivywrites.wordpress.com Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/Eliceivy Facebook and don't forget to follow here on blogspot.com for all my latest posts! Converstions With My Family Now on Amazon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Write Your Name by Courtney Irving

Book Review: I Should Have Worn A Curtain: Book 1

AIRSSON Sports Gym Bag Review